Governor Baker recently proposed a $4.8 million cut to the state's funding for HIV patients. The House budget committee got it down to a $3.8 million cut, but that's still quite a gap. So we're working to do our part for the cause.
We've rallied a team through Aforementioned to raise money for the 2017 AIDS Walk & Run Boston. We're a group of writers, performers, educators, and all-around awesome people dedicated to raising funds and awareness for AIDS Action Committee.
Our team members:
Timothy Patrick McCarthy
Molly Mary McLaughlin
HOW YOUR DONATION HELPS THOSE LIVING WITH/AFFECTED BY HIV AND AIDS:
- $10 provides 10 safer sex kits to people at risk
- $30 covers the cost of a client visit with a peer advocate, who provides a link to support services for health and well-being
- $60 covers the cost to provide an HIV test
- $100 sends a speaker to a middle or high school to share important prevention and education information
- $300 provides free legal representation for a client experiencing discrimination due to their HIV status
- $500 stocks the kitchen at our homeless youth drop-in center for an entire month
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Make a donation! Just click "Donate Now" to make a contribution.
- Spread the word! You can help us raise funds by sharing this page on social media.
- Join us! If you haven't heard from us already and you'd like to walk as part of our team, click the "Join Team" button and sign up.
Thanks for your support!
Carissa & Randolph