Brooke's Fundraising Page
Help end the spread of HIV in MA.
Massachusetts has the resources to be the first state in the US to get to zero: zero HIV stigma, zero HIV-related deaths, and zero new HIV infections. As part of the fast-track cities initiative,
Boston has set the following goals to be achieved by 2020: 90% diagnosed, 90% receiving treatment, 90% virally suppressed. These goals are incredibly within reach, and our support can help make this a reality.
While overall rates of HIV contraction in the US have decreased over time, there are communities that continue to be disproportionately affected. In the US, HIV diagnoses among African American gay and bisexual men aged 25 to 34 increased 30% from 2011 to 2015*, and about 1 in 5 transgender women are living with the virus today**.
As the opioid crisis has reached epidemic levels, we have also seen a rise in cases of hepatitis B, C, and HIV, threatening the progress made by ASO's such as AIDS Action.
Each dollar you donate impacts the lives of those affected by HIV/AIDS.
- $10 provides 10 safer sex kits to people at risk
- $30 covers the cost of a client visit with a navigator, who provides a link to support services for health and well-being
- $50 covers the cost of providing 600 sterile syringes through AIDS Action's free needle exchange program
- $60 covers the cost to provide an HIV test
- $150 provides one night of overdose education and HIV/HCV prevention outreach for up to thirty homeless youth
- $300 provides free legal representation for a client experiencing discrimination due to their HIV status
- $500 subsidizes a client’s rent for up to three months
- $1,000 provides a year of one-on-one mental health counseling for a client struggling with a diagnosis
- $5,000 provides nearly one year’s worth of food for our at-risk youth drop-in center
I would be so grateful for your support through one or more of the following actions:
Make a donation via the link on the right!
Register as a walker, runner, virtual walker, or volunteer for AIDS Walk Boston and start your own fundraising!
Share info about AIDS Walk Boston and AIDS Action Committee to inform others about the important work being done to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS in MA and to serve those living with and at risk of contracting HIV.
Thank you for supporting me, AAC, and those living with and working to end the spread of HIV/AIDS.