Let's reach the finish line together!
I grew up under the spectre of HIV/AIDS, but the next generation doesn't have to.
HIV has impacted so many communities and people from all walks of life. We finally have the tools and knowledge to eliminate the spread of the disease, but we need boots on the ground to do it. We need to be able to reach the communities who have always been marginalized and bring care to them.
Help me change lives.
I'm raising awareness and money for AIDS Walk & Run Boston Run because this issue is important to me. I'm a scientist who has always worked on understanding disease and how we can best fight it. But the therapies we work on and the tools we generate are only part of the fight. We need organizations like the AAC to bring the education and resources to the community.
How You Can Help Me
- You can make a donation selecting or filling in a donation amount to the right and clicking "Give Now."
- If you prefer to write a check, you can download a donation form by using the link at the bottom of this page that says "Make a donation by mail."
- To sign up as a Walker, Runner, or Volunteer for this year's AIDS Walk & Run Boston Run, click "Sign Up."
Each dollar you donate impacts the lives of those affected by HIV/AIDS.
- $10 provides 10 safer sex kits to people at risk
- $30 covers the cost of a client visit with a peer advocate, who provides a link to support services for health and well-being
- $60 covers the cost to provide an HIV test
- $100 sends a speaker to a middle or high school to share important prevention and education information
- $300 provides free legal representation for a client experiencing discrimination due to their HIV status
- $500 stocks the kitchen at our homeless youth drop-in center for an entire month
Thank you for supporting me always, but especially in this challenge. We really can make a difference!